|The Washoe Valley Alliance (WVA) was officially formed in March 2013 as a 501 (c)3 by a group of dedicated volunteers with the goal to protect Washoe Valley’s unique qualities through education and stewardship.
Board of Directors
Gary Houk – President
Bill Naylor – Treasurer
Marilyn Naylor – Secretary
Pam Wilcox – Board Member
Karen Critor – Board Member
Carol Christensen – Board Member
We need your support!
As members, you have helped the Washoe Valley Alliance position our organization to respond to the needs of our valley.
The Washoe Valley Alliance thanks you for your support and would like you to be aware of our recent activities.
- Constructed bleachers at the horse arena at Washoe Lake State Park
- Partnered with Audobon for school field trips at Washoe Lake
- Defended the Washoe Valley Area Plan to defeat Verizon Wireless cell tower application in West Washoe Valley
- Hosted Celebrate Washoe Valley since 2014 to help educate the public about the many organizations active in the valley
- Partnered with Scenic Nevada to advocate against the Summit Digital Sign to defeat this project
- Partnered with Washoe County Parks and Recreation for the Washoe Valley Scenic Byway
- Monitored every South Valleys CAB meeting. We no longer have our own CABs
- Submitted extensive comments on the DRAFT BLM revised Resource Management Plan for the Virginia Range,
concentrating on issues that will directly affect our valley in this 20-year management plan
- Joined the Adopt-A-Highway program to clean up the first mile at the north end of Eastlake Blvd.
- Hosted Neighborhood Watch meetings
- Helped form the Friends of Washoe Lake State Park.