On Tuesday, Jan.12, 2016, the Washoe County Board of County Commissioners approved the Mt. Rose Scenic Byway and the Washoe Valley Scenic Byway Corridor Management Plans. Special thanks to Cheryl Surface, Washoe County Parks Planner, Design Workshop, and all of you who participated in the process by attending workshops and completing surveys. We can all...
Washoe Valley Scenic Byway Corridor Management Plan
What is a Corridor Management Plan (CMP)?
• Identifies the corridor’s most valuable intrinsic qualities
• Establishes goals to manage and preserve valued qualities
• Address issues related to safety, access, visitor experience and environmental gain
• Identifies opportunities for wayfinding and signage
• Creates marketing and promotion strategies
• Identifies implementation and management strategies...
Join us Saturday September 26th, 9am-12pm at Washoe Lake State Park. Volunteers will collect seeds from native plants in Washoe Lake State Park. The seeds collected from this event will go into restoration projects for other public land sites.
When heading North or South on I580/395 Take exit 46
For more information please contact the BLM Office...