The Washoe Valley Alliance (WVA) was officially formed in March 2013 by a group of passionate and eager volunteers with the goal to protect Washoe Valley’s unique qualities through education and stewardship.
Through community outreach projects, civic involvement and active membership involvement the Washoe Valley Alliance works to maintain the beauty and natural resources that have been a a crucial part of our history for hundreds of years.
Please consider becoming a member of the Washoe Valley Alliance and help us to preserve this incredible land that continues to be a home to so many proud Nevadans.
We need your support!
As members you have helped the Washoe Valley Alliance position our organization to respond to the needs of our valley. The Washoe Valley Alliance thanks you for your support and would like you to be aware of our recent activities.
- Constructed bleachers at the horse arena at Washoe Lake State Park
- Partnered with Audobon for school field trips at Washoe Lake
- Defended the Washoe Valley Area Plan to defeat Verizon Wireless cell tower application in west Washoe Valley
- Hosted Celebrate Washoe Valley 2014 and 2015 to help educate the public about the many organizations active in the valley
- Partnered with Scenic Nevada to advocate against the Summit Digital Sign to defeat this project
- Partnered with Washoe County Parks and Recreation for the Washoe Valley Scenic Byway (final section approved)
- Monitored every South Valleys CAB meeting (we no longer have our own CABs)
- Submitted extensive comments on the DRAFT BLM revised Resource Managemet Plan for the Virginia Range, concentrating on issues that will directly affect our valley in this 20-year management plan
- Joined the Adopt-A-Highway program to clean up the first mile at the north end of Eastlake Blvd.